Happy New Year!
The following is the agenda of ASSM board meeting in Manila.
Please confirm the schedule and give me any comments.
ASSM board meeting at 13:00-17:00 on March 8, 2017 in Manila, Phillippine
Chair: Ninghung Chen, Seung Bong Hong
President's address 5 min
1. Some presentations of their sleep society condition (Myanmar, Brunei, Vietnam)
10 min per each presentation x 3 = 30 min
The obstructive sleep apnea syndrome in Vietnam : Facts and Challenges Dr. Sy Duong-Quy (10min)
2. General issues in ASSM (1 hour free discussion)
1) membership fee : society fee, individual fee
2) fund raising plan
3) ASSM new letter
4) Multi-country study
5) education program development
6) discussion about the mission of the Society including practice, research, education and international exchange,
which is general followed by the more focused topics as the following. Also we need talk about the member fee to support
the Society, especially the young people.
7) Issues related to sleep medicine and sleep disorders in their countries such as problems in reimbursement or treatment of insomnia like CBT or hypnotics. How can we cooperate to improve these?
3. Sleep Medicine book of Asian countries suggested by Dr. Inoue : 15 min
4. the plan of web survey of sleep patterns of our Asian families Dr. Wing : 15 min
5. How to activate "Sleep Medicine Research" (the official journal of ASSM) : Chung SH, MD (Editorial committee chair) 15 min
6. Sleep Medicine Diploma Dr. Sy Duong-Quy 15 min
6. The 2nd term president's address (Seung Bong Hong) and voting for the president elect of ASSM for March 2017 - March 2019 : 30 min, ASSM officers and one representative of each country will have one vote.
7. A regional ASSM meeting in Beijing on Oct. 2017 (Dr. Fang Han 10 min)
Please let's discuss about above tentative agenda. If you have good idea, suggestion or changes, let us know.
President of ASSM
President elect of ASSM